How to manually retrigger flexi task

• 30 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi Team,
I want to know is there any way which we can retrigger the flexi task action email notification to the assigned approver.
Sometimes the approver accidentally delete the email notification on the task assigned to them.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello!

I would say that the way to do this is to grab the Task ID from your Flexi, store it, and have a "state" in your workflow that will resend - with state selected from the outside manually, maybe due to a status. 

There is a "Store Task ID" option in the FlexiTask.. assign to a variable. 

Then in a notification, do this for the URL:   {Common:WebURL}/Lists/Workflow Tasks/EditForm.aspx?ID={WorkflowVariable:taskID}

Check this blog out: 

Badge +16

You can also set up reminders in your flexi task to run x number of times every x hours/days etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Tell your user to navigate the SharePoint site and add a Pending Tasks web part

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

this is also great - I love making dashboards for users for all their various tasks

Badge +4

Hi All, yes I noticed that we can send out the link manually or set the reminder. but I am finding a way which we can manually trigger it (same as what flexi task trigger with the same email content).

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

In that case, my first reply would suffice - have a status you can change that will switch a state machine and re-send the FlexiTask.