Missing Reusable workflow in Content Type

Badge +1

I created a reusable workflow in a subsite of a site collection. Now I am going to the content type to associate it so that is available in other subsites when i add that same content type, however is that the workflow does not appear on the "Select a workflow template" list. When I go to Site Settings >Workflow inverntory > Site collection WF inventory, I see the workflow listed there.  Am I missing something?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

do you have createa a reusable workflow template or a site collection reusable workflow template?

Badge +1

Since the link through Site Settings > Nintex workflow 2013 was not available in my site collection, I typed this URL in my site to access the reusable workflow template:

/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WorkflowDesigner.aspx?Category=Reusable

It doesn't specify if it is a reusable workflow template or a site collection reusable workflow template though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

It sounds like you have created a site reusable workflow, rather than a site collection reusable workflow. A site collection reusable workflow can only be created at the top level site in a site collection.

This will be why you can't see your workflow under the gallery you are looking at. You should be able to find it in the Workflow Gallery at the site the workflow had been created.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

you can see the reusable workflow template using the following links (for SharePoint 2013)

To check for Reusable Workflow Template (there will be only the reusable workflow template definied in the current site)

[Site or SiteCollection]/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WorkflowDesigner.aspx?Category=Reusable

To check for Globally Reusable Workflow Template (it's available only from site collection root)

[SiteCollection]/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WorkflowDesigner.aspx?Category=GloballyReusable

Also in my environment, these kind of workflow are not listed under Workflow Inventory

Badge +1

Yes, that is exactly what happened, thank you for providing the correct links. Too bad the options are not available via Site settings.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

You should have these link available under Site Actions - Nintex Workflow in the webs where you have activated the Nintex site feature.

See the screenshot (it's a 2010 environment but the menu is very similar)

Reusable.PNG

The site collection reusable workflow section will be available only in the top level site of each site collection