Feedback - Nintex Live Forms for Office 365

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

As many of you know, we do not have Nintex Live Forms for Office 365.

To assist us in build the best solutions, could you please comment below with the following:

• Use cases you have for Nintex Live Forms for Office 365,
  • the authentication provider you would require (anonymous, Microsoft, etc),
  • the must have features/controls for a Live form, and
  • how you would host the Live Form (embedded, own page, etc).

I appreciate your feedback, it helps us build better products for you.

Regards,

Euan

86 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Blinking is for the weak. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR BLINKING.

Badge +3

Another function that would be required before we used "Live Forms O365" is the ability for us to access the submitted data directly. We've had several instances in the past two years where citizens have submitted forms and the data didn't successfully get to our SharePoint environment from the Nintex hosted environment. Most other hosted form solutions provide a way to browse and export form data. They also allow long term retention vs. the limited retention currently offered for Nintex Live Forms data. We're actually looking at moving away from Nintex live because of this critical issue (we lost police tips, public disclosure requests, etc). Another contributing factor is the pricing between on-prem and O365. If the pricing came down and the above issue was fixed, we'd be all over migrating from on-prem Nintex to the O365 version. 

Badge +11

Has anything come of this? I need this now. 

Badge +17

@harfmt you can use NWC (Nintex Workflow Cloud) to capture information anonymously and push that back into SharePoint Online. Have you seen this option or explored this?

Badge +11

@eharris04 Yes! I did discover that and it's exactly what I'm after. Now I'm trying to work out how to capture attachments into that cloud form so they can be attached to emails. 

Badge +17

@harfmt see the gif below. 

• Example NWC workflow to import and try 60de59d5ca9c46b5a88fff2b1c982eeb (NWC IMPORT KEY)

• Open up the workflow

• Start event should be Nintex > Form

• Design the form as needed. Be sure to add an email control and file upload control

• Apply the changes to save the form

• Design your workflow as needed

• Use the send email action, you will see file attachments at the bottom. 

• Click on variable to select the file upload variable

This will automatically pull the attachments into the email for you. 

Badge +11

Thanks @eharris04 Works great! Much appreciated. 

Next question ..... It looks like I can't use HTML in the email body. And I don't seem to be able to insert an image. I'm guessing that's by design?

Badge +17

@harfmt rich text is support, but not images. There is an image control in that you can use, but the image must be web accessible (meaning on a server where the intended form audience can see it).

Badge +11

@eharris04 we've had to put images external facing for the mobile forms. So that shouldn't be a problem. I'll track down the image control and try to get it into the email. 

I'm also trying to convert the submitted form into a pdf to attach to the email. I'm using the Generate Document action. I'm attempting to save the document into a folder on OneDrive, mainly because of the connector options. And then to pick it back up as an attachment into the email or somehow get the url back into the list the same as the attachments. I can't tell, but i  seem to have broken the workflow attempting this. 

Badge +17

@harfmt It might be easier to chat on a webinar to figure out what you are doing and aiming for. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I have a new use-case for this based on a current client.

We want the user to be able to land on an anonymous Nintex form, with a query string, and let the form read the querystring and determine whether or not we can then authenticate them into SharePoint. We want to bypass a secondary login scenario (as these users will be logging in through a central non SP site, and then shown forms), but we also need to know who they are and whether they've been authenticated by that other site. Sooo. We are trying to figure that one out.