Feedback - Nintex Live Forms for Office 365

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

As many of you know, we do not have Nintex Live Forms for Office 365.

To assist us in build the best solutions, could you please comment below with the following:

• Use cases you have for Nintex Live Forms for Office 365,
  • the authentication provider you would require (anonymous, Microsoft, etc),
  • the must have features/controls for a Live form, and
  • how you would host the Live Form (embedded, own page, etc).

I appreciate your feedback, it helps us build better products for you.

Regards,

Euan

86 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks ‌. So you dont need any authenticated external forms?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌. Are you after anonymous Nintex Mobile Apps? Perhaps using Nintex App Studio?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌. So anonymous forms with some data pulled through from your SharePoint site and people lookup? The challenge we would have is caching all your SharePoint List and people information outside your firewall. Ill have to have a think about that one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌. I do like the idea of surveys out in the field on an iPad. Is there any controls that you feel are missing to complete this type of form?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi ‌. Can you expand on your comment about hosting in mobile?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Nicholas Ang‌. Can you expand on "any missing items"? What do you feel are missing in todays products?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think that might become handy, however I do not find it as mandatory  I'm thinking of a use case where I could give users my branded app, to fill forms... But still as this might be a nice feature for Enterprise (App Studio as you mentioned), for me it is more like "nice to have" rather than "must have".

I think what really is "must have" is the anonymous access to forms, both from desktop and mobile (using RWD).

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

While we don't have the need at the moment in our projects, I can certainly see where people would require authentication..

Badge +7

I think something to keep in mind with authenticated forms, and I think they are need for more private information, is need to add users to a SharePoint Group, not always a O365 Security Group and then send them a link (or share) once they have permissions to the site. We can manually do it, but is Admin overhead. If I can give a user a SharePoint List, have them fill in everything and handle the sharing, etc for them with a link to the form that would be great.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hey Euan,

It would be awesome to have the SQL and web service controls.  If those actions are available for workflow then I'm assuming they could be made available for Forms but I do recognise the SQL control for on prem needs the secure store.

Thinking further afield these types of controls/features may add value:

• User self-service provisioning to create an account so they would create a username/password and have those standard types of checks like does the password meet password requirements, is the confirmation password the same as the original, captcha verification etc.  Some of those can already be achieved with rules
  • For the order form scenario: hooks into payment providers.  Can we sell something via a Nintex form?  Why not!?
  • Tabbed forms - that's a request for all versions of Forms
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Going through the process now of creating external forms for our customers, so this would be awesome right now.

Here is what I can foresee us using it for:

• Customer feedback and request forms
  • External job applications
  • Surveys (internal)

I would like anonymous authentication, but would want something to tie back to our customers since they should have a login already for our site (would have to think this approach over a bit more). Our forms would be a mix of hosted and embedded depending on the nature of the form. The controls needed would be everything that we have now, but more importantly web services. If we could make calls and get data back, I feel that a lot of "issues" could be worked around until a more suitable control is developed and implemented.

Will definitely have to think this over a bit more and see what else I can come up with, but at a high level this is where I would start.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks Jesse McHargue‌. So would you want to build an anonymous form that is hosted behind your own web based system that has its own auth for customers? Then we could populate the form with the members details? 

Badge +8
  • Use cases you have for Nintex Live Forms for Office 365
    • Special event sign-up, surveys, client/partner feedback, on-boarding for new employees.
  • the authentication provider you would require (anonymous, Microsoft, etc)
    • Anonymous is a must, but can pose problems when a "unique" submission is needed (preventing duplicate submissions). Login with MS or Google would be great as well.
  • the must have features/controls for a Live form
    • The expiration date for live-forms is a great on-prem feature I'd like to see in O365..
  • how you would host the Live Form (embedded, own page, etc).
    • Nintex hosted public URL preferred, such as the on-prem implementation.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thanks ‌. I think the expiry date is a great feature. Good for things like job application forms or events.

When you think of surveys though, is there any controls you feel are missing from Nintex Forms that you would require?

Badge +5

Hi ‌, I was thinking about an anonymous mobile form for a scenario such as feedback forms for banking. I dont think it is currently available with Nintex Mobile App or Nintex App Studio. Would be good feature to have

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

One company who had wanted to use Nintex wanted the ability to use Nintex Live in O365 to have suppliers enter orders into their system externally (without being part of their tenant or anything).   

Badge +2

Hi Mike,

Yes, this is a very common Scenario...  Swap Suppliers for any of the following: Customers, New Hires, Contractors, Vendors, Citizens/Constituents, etc..  Being able to work with people outside your tenant/AD is a huge requirement..

But I guess I'm preaching to the converted here

J

Badge +2

Hey Dan, On the topic of Capthca.. I prefer the newer style ones that ask you to "Pick all the Pictures which have a <Noun>" in them.. much better than the "Enter the mutilated letters and/or numbers?" versions of captcha

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Indeed!

Badge +8

A few things come to mind in terms of surveys, but perhaps nothing that would make sense with a SharePoint list back-end. We've seen an uptick of those in the education space using Microsoft Forms and some of my favorite anonymous survey features there are:

• Question banks
  • Question randomization between participants
  • Post-survey feedback showing results of other participants
Badge +1

Very similar to what most have said ... 

We are using SharePoint on-premise at the moment and have published a few Nintex Live forms.  Currently looking at what's involved in migrating to O365, so the Nintex Live features are important.

• Use cases you have for Nintex Live Forms for Office 365
    • External producers can submit TV proposals/ideas via the form.  These are then reviewed within the organisation and 'approved' to be added to an internal database of submissions.
  • the authentication provider you would require (anonymous, Microsoft, etc)
    • Anonymous
  • the must have features/controls for a Live form
    • Controls as currently exist, including: attachments, redirect URL (after submission).
    • New feature: Captcha  (would be very useful) 
  • how you would host the Live Form (embedded, own page, etc)
    • Embedded in a page on our existing web site. Styled with a linked CSS.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Oh yes, a captcha! I had thought of that before and then completely forgotten. Excellent request, though. Especially if we're allowing anonymous submissions.

Badge +3

We currently have a need for course registration. Would need anonymous access. Most likely to be embedded on an external website or shared via link in an email, social media, etc. In addition, could use for follow-up surveys, most likely shared via link in email. Basic controls should do it  

Badge +9

have you seen the anonymous basic forms available in Nintex Cloud? sounds like it would meet your needs for your scenario.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I'm not specifically concerned with Nintex Live for Office 365.  But we do have compelling needs for anonymous forms.  Whether they use Nintex Live or not doesn't matter.  We are currently working with some government clients that want to place permit applications on their website.  We have other clients that want to allow people to apply for a job from their website.  Surveys are another common use case.  Our scenarios are the same as most everyone else that posted here.