bbollmann
Scholar

Re: Current feedback

The form is great, dare I say elegant, in edit mode... ...not so much in view mode.

Would like to have the options to include the container borders in view mode.

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Communicator

Hi @bbollmann,

If you had the chance, what would you change in the view mode?

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
bbollmann
Scholar

Basically, I would make View Mode...

Nintex Forms - 01.png.

...look more like Edit Mode with the lines around the fields and maybe some graying to indicate View versus Edit.

Nintex Forms - 02.png.

Should be a pretty simple switch in the CSS.

@EuanGamble 

Thanks!

EuanGamble
Communicator

Hi @bbollmann,

Would you mind sending me your Nintex Form to euan.gamble@nintex.com ? I would like to rebuild it in the new responsive designer.

Just export it from the designer.

Thanks,
Euan

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Communicator

Hi @bbollmann,

Here is a video showing off the new responsive designer experience with view and edit modes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Euan

jackgelo
Contributor

Hi,

here my quick feedback on one thing I've just seen (because I'm working on a project where responsive forms will be used and Universal Forms could fit even better requirements when it will be officially released)

Theme color selection: when I click on a color selection in the panel, it shows me the selection from the palette and RGB values, for me it was quite "tricky" to understand that the arrows on the right will change input selectors to HSL or hex code..if they were all shown it could be easier to understand and change the known parameter..

I'll keep have a look on all the other part

EuanGamble
Communicator

Hi @jackgelo,

Thanks for your feedback. @FabioLiberatore is working on a new style builder to address these specific concerns. We dont have a delivery date for this piece of functionality yet, but its being worked on!

Cheers,
Euan

rbachmann
Apprentice

Hi @EuanGamble 

Will it be possible to dynamically / externally set tooltips?

I am thinking of a scenario where I define tooltips in separate list and query one using a lookup-function.

Currently the tooltip field requires a fix value. 

Then I had a look at the List Lookup Control. 

The control currently saves the ID of the record to the list. I kind of would have expected an option to define whether I want to save the ID (e.g. 1), ID + Value (1;#Department A) or only value (Department A). Another limitation seems to be, that I can't build a "On Form Input"-rule. So I can't create a rule to detect which option from the List Lookup Control has been selected. 

What I am super excited about is the option to only display unique values.

EuanGamble
Communicator

Great feedback @rbachmann.

We were thinking about where else we could surface the formula builder, and we recently discussed the idea of showing it in areas like tooltips. So it sounds like we are on the right path! This is certainly something we want to bring, I dont have a date yet, but I will keep you posted.

With regards to the List Lookup bound to a 'Single Line of Text', this was in the plan but was waiting for another team to complete some dependant frameworks which has now been completed. We expect to have this ability in the next update.

Keep the feedback coming! It really helps to validate our thinking.

Cheers,

Euan

patrickabel
Apprentice

@EuanGamble this is great news — a much needed feature.

It's a need I run into a lot where a client will want to "lookup" to a supporting list but store the value from that list as of the current point in time (preventing the selected value from changing out from under the item later).

0 Kudos