cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Challenge #2

Since you have completed Challenge #1, using your experience and knowledge of Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud, think of a solution you could build in your organisation. If possible, also try embedding the form into your website.

Once the challenge is complete, forward your public web URL to NWCForms@nintex.com

Labels: (1)
20 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Challenge #2

So here are the forms - right off the bat - that I can see being used in our organization:

• Call to Action (Don't need to use HubSpot for CTAs anymore!!!!)
    • Name, Email, Company, Position, Interested in Follow-up Y/N, Interested in Newsletter Y/N
    • Workflow sends email to user with attachments (PDF, slides, whatever else.) 
    • Add user to CRM db
    • Add user to Newsletter mailing list
    • Make task to follow-up with user
    • Mark up a dashboard with downloads of individual documents / viws
  • Job Applications
    • (after allowing attachments)
    • Get all the details from the user - name, email, phone, anything specific required
  • End-user Application Forms
    • This is something I think about a lot, but, instead of letting end users into applications where you may not be able to lock them down as much as you need - and have important info - use a NWC form that shows only what they need, returns only what they need with a request that follows a flow / checks for specific items in order to process it. 
  • POLLS. 
  • SURVEYS. (Goodbye, Survey Monkey! See you in Hell! This was one of my earlier Nintex requests in the Community so THANK YOU.)
  • Order form (for services)
  • Quote requests
  • Suggestion box
  • Feedback form

I seriously think that the positioning here is going to be crazy-awesome for you guys. You can offer completely customized things that anybody can make.

I hope to create a CTA for demo (but I guess I'll be using Nintex Live for my actual one until we're out of Beta  )

rhia

aohara
Nintex Newbie

I am thinking of building a simple service ticket form. A form that would allow our customers to submit tickets without having to log in. Unfortunately, we have to spend a fair amount of time dealing with user account issues.. mostly because they go for long periods of time without submitting a ticket and when they finally need to, they don't know their password and they lock up their account with too many failed attempts. This means they have to email us and we have to straighten out their account issue. All of this takes precious time away from resolving their issue.

Will we eventually be able to access connections through forms? I'm thinking of a customer dropdown whose source is a sql table... something like that.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Perfect Andrea O'Hara‌. This is this thinking we need. So extending this thought:

• Where would SQL reside?
    • On-premises behind a firewall?
    • In Azure?
    • Would you allow direct access to SQL or would you put a web service in front of it?
    • How would it be rendered? Drop down? Choice?
    • Would the query be filtered by other options?
  • Would you want the form to be restricted with a login?
    • What authentication provider would you expect?
  • What other functionality might you require?

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Good start on the ideas . With these, are there any features you see as must haves to accomplish these scenarios?

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

It's always good to be able to show instant results on a poll, so the idea of a "you've submitted and now the form will send you to X page where you can see results so far" would be cool. Just a personalized page. 

I do wonder how we could return info to the user - think of like ... say you've got a bunch of webinars, and you want to show your users what ones they have attended before.  But then that calls in the idea of logging into a form ... which you were talking to Andrea about above, so I won't go into that  

Attachments, naturally.

How hard is it to start a Nintex workflow from NWC? Fairly simple? That'd be a request but I am 99% sure you can already do that and I've just not done it. (This was my first "real" time using NWC.) 

I'll think on some other ideas. 

Automation Master
Automation Master

One thing and I am not sure if this is in the works and I am in the assumption that this form builder will be available when you select Public Web Form when release, but getting rid of the Nintex Mobile Piece and just adding an option within the forms builder to make it available for Nintex Mobile so then you are not building 2 forms.

‌ nailed it on the head with her post. I second all of them.

rbachmann
Nintex Newbie

A very simpel process we often automate is "Parking Space Reservation".

Employees either want a short- or longterm parking slot for visitors or themselves.

Before 2017, we used to create a SharePoint-List to manage free/occupied parking spaces.

The user fills out a form, submits it and gets in return the slot number in an e-mail.

To automate this process in NWC, I could use the SharePoint online connector or query a SQL-Database.

What I am missing is a possibility to enter n-Visitors (Repeating Section?).

Also, in SharePoint we created a visio/image-overview with a parking overview so the user could click on a specific space. We then querried the URL-String to get the selected parking-space ID.

aohara
Nintex Newbie

The overall look of the form and designer is really great!

Here are a few additional look-and-feel related requests/suggestions:

- Ability to edit html of a heading would be nice. Or some other way to include a snippet of html in the form.

- Ability to add a line or divider to the form.

- Ability to specify where the field title displays in relation to the field... top, bottom, left, right.

- Ability to specify dimensions of a control (% or pixels)

aohara
Nintex Newbie

Hi Euan,

In general, it would be nice if choices didn't have to be hard-coded into the form. I am sorry I don't have a specific SQL scenario to lay out for you. I was just thinking that if you already had a connection set up in NWC for your workflow purposes, maybe it could be used on the form somehow to populate a drop-down for example. Filtering and cascading would also be great if something like this is possible.

In my example, I do not want a login. I definitely appreciate the anonymous form capabilities of NWC. 

Rhia pretty much covered the other ideas I've had so far.

It would be really great to be able to group controls to allow you to apply rules to an entire group and also give you the ability to easily rearrange entire sections of a form.

Thanks!

Andrea