nintex forms 2013 resize at runtime not working

• 27 August 2014
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

hi there

I have a form which contains rules to hide/show panels when a radio button/dropdown is/not equals to something

My issue here is when a panel is hidden it leave a large empty space and the panel under the hidden panel goes down instead of going up to other panels

Would appreciate any solutions

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Michelle Modikoe‌ what version of Forms 2013 have you got installed ?

Badge +3

Hi there

Version 2.3.3.0

Badge +4

Hi ,

Did you manage to get this resolved, I recently upgraded Nintex forms to 2.6.0.0 and now experiencing the very same issue. Logged a call with the support and was advised that this functionality is working fine on their end. Was suggested to check if there are any overlapping controls. Cannot find any overlapping controls either.

Badge +4

For anyone reading this in the future, here are a few methods I've used with success:

Method 1:
Use show/hide rules to show/hide "panels" containing your fields and that span the width of your form. The form then collapses to fill in that space if it's hidden. You may need 1 panel per field row to get it right.

IMPORTANT RULES (both must usually be applied):

(A) Add spacing between panels (e.g. 5 pixels), otherwise even with panels it can still cause swiss cheese effects.

(B) Sometimes you may need to create duplicates of the same form rule to apply separately to each panel. If you use the same show/hide rule for two panels simultaneously it may leave a big empty space where the panels are. Just copy the rule formula and add a #2 to the end of the name.

Method 2:

Be sure that your controls have the "nf-section" CSS class added to them. Add this to the control's "CSS class" property.

This appears to be important for the Nintex Forms containers to work properly at runtime so that the form space pixel height is reserved and recognized. You may sometimes get away with not using this CSS class if you're lucky, but best practice appears to be to have these especially if vertical alignment is important.

Method 3:
Use the rule formatting "Disable" option instead of hiding fields. It grays out the field although it's less obvious for text fields.

Worst case scenario, try recreating that part of your form from scratch while following the methods I outlined above.

Badge +3

I just experienced something very similar.  We have a form with 5 panels.  We wanted to hide one of the panels based on a value selected in a drop-down box.  We added the rule to the panel to hide it based on the drop-down box's value and that worked fine.  The panel hides and displays as it should, but when it is hidden, it leaves a white space in the form.  We have "Resize at runtime" selected, but it didn't appear to be resizing correctly.  We found that the problem was that there was no spacing between the panels as Allan indicated earlier.  After adding 5 pixels of spacing between each of the panels, the "Resize at runtime" option is working exactly as expected.

Badge +2

This worked for me, I just needed to make sure the panels weren't overlapped and had a small 5px gap and the resizing worked perfectly.