cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EuanGamble
Nintex Newbie

Current feedback

Below is collated list of suggestions and feedback we have received for Universal Forms Preview so far. Please feel free to add more comments below. This list is not a road map or plan, but just feedback we have received from participants.

Planned features 

• Need a way to bind/rebind a control to a column
  • Lookup control
  • Currency control
  • Managed Metadata control
  • Formula builder needs more expressions (e.g. Lookup)
  • Nintex Mobile support
  • An option to format the number control (e.g. thousand separator for different locales) 
  • Help button/section

Feature requests

• More styling options
  • Possibility to create child-items automatically when using Repeating Sections
  • Translations: Some settings are not translated yet. 
    • As a designer, I can put in labels in any language but error messages are in English
  • A single control in a row cannot be shrunk/expanded
  • When two controls are in one row, you cannot be shrink/expand one control without affecting the other
  • Single choice controls allows you convert control type however Multiple choice control has no option
  • Cannot tell if a control has a rule attached from the Designer tab
  • Warning prompt before deleting a control
  • Previous version button on designer tab
  • Rename Text Mask to Text Pattern in Text - Short control
  • Add regex to Text Mask in Text - Short control
  • Make control Description field larger
  • OR condition is not obvious at all
  • Connect to data sources
  • Repeating section
  • Select a field to be the summary in a repeating section on Nintex Mobile

Bugs

• Control config panel - search bar, when you type 'ge', result is also Image and Number also you get mix result when typing in 'ch'
  • When I added a new page (page 2), I lost controls for page 1. When I clicked Undo, page 1 restored my original controls - if you delete page 1 you also lose page 2
  • Choices do not show up when creating a WHEN condition on a choice control
  • Saved form is showing 'Drag on a form control' when there are already controls on the form

By design

• Single and Multiple choice controls will remain separate as they are different data types (sting/array).
0 Kudos
22 Replies
matthias_bender
Nintex Newbie

Re: Current feedback

Hi,

I have noticed some localization glitches (German), where certain UI Elements in the Designer have not been localized properly, while other have already been localized. Where is the best place to give such Feedback in more Detail and list the affected UI Elements?

Regards,

Matthias

EuanGamble
Nintex Newbie

Hi Matthias Bender‌,

Happy for you to share feedback on this page or just email me @ euan.gamble@nintex.com

We have not worked on translations as yet, its only in English.

Cheers,

Euan

matthias_bender
Nintex Newbie

Hello, Euan Gamble‌,

Thanks for your response.

I have responded via e-Mail.

Cheers,
Matthias

EuanGamble
Nintex Newbie

Hi Matthias Bender‌,

This is a good find. We did do some translation testing early in the development and thought translations were disabled as they are not complete. We will turn off the remaining translations until the final release.

Thanks for your feedback. Very helpful.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
leehnz
Nintex Newbie

Hi Euan

When dragging an SP column onto the form, it should carry the column properties into the control. E.g. if I drag a multi-line text SP column onto the form it should show as a Text-Long control, not a Text-Short control as it does now. 
Would assume the same for default values specified on the SP column.

This might change with the control binding update?

Cheers

Lee

EuanGamble
Nintex Newbie

Hi Lee Harris‌,

Yes I noticed this as well - its a bit frustrating. This is something we will fix in a future release.

You should see control binding in the next couple of days if all goes well.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos
aohara
Nintex Newbie

Here's my feedback so far. I tried to eliminate any comments related to documented issues or planned feature releases, but some may have slipped through. I'm sorry if any of these are old news or redundant. Thanks for the opportunity to take an early look at the new forms!

Issues/Bugs:
- Choice - Single Control:
        - When control is connected to a Choice column and View type is Radio buttons, unable to change Layout (Vertical, Horizontal). It says the property is inherited but layout is not configurable on the column settings.
- List Lookup Control:
       - Display format not editable

Nice to haves:
- Use Variables in a formulas and rules
- Connect a variable to a list column
- When configuring List Lookup control, ability to browse to site
- Some way to create a divider/horizontal rule

Comments/Questions:
- I like that rule-like capabilities are gone from control configuration because that was a source of confusion, but the rule-like capabilities that currently exist in the control configuration of the O365 responsive forms product should be made available in Rules.

aohara
Nintex Newbie

I forgot to tag @EuanGamble in my feedback.

0 Kudos
EuanGamble
Nintex Newbie

Hi @aohara,

Thanks for your feedback.

- Choice - Single Control:
        - When control is connected to a Choice column and View type is Radio buttons, unable to change Layout (Vertical, Horizontal). It says the property is inherited but layout is not configurable on the column settings.

This is a good find. We will get this fixed.

- List Lookup Control:
       - Display format not editable

We are working on Radio buttons, Check boxes and a couple of other options right now for the List Lookup control. Will come through in the next update.

Nice to haves:
- Use Variables in a formulas and rules

You can reference variables in formulas now. We have an update where you can access variables in the rule builder coming!

- Connect a variable to a list column

This is planned for development.

- When configuring List Lookup control, ability to browse to site

Good point. We will put this in the backlog.

- Some way to create a divider/horizontal rule

The Label control actually has a divider line. When editing the Label, pop it out to its own window, and it will show the divider in the menu.

- I like that rule-like capabilities are gone from control configuration because that was a source of confusion, but the rule-like capabilities that currently exist in the control configuration of the O365 responsive forms product should be made available in Rules.

Are you referring to Form Mode? Such as 'Control Mode'?

Thanks for your feedback @aohara! Keep it coming.

Cheers,

Euan

0 Kudos