cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Track Your Workflows in O365 For Consumption and User Based Subscriptions

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee
4 6 3,181

Nintex allows you to see the Workflows you create, so you can manage the Workflow package you have purchased. 

You can access the overview box at any time. Below are instructions on how to access this area. 

Subscription overview dialog box

The Subscription overview dialog box contains information about your license and subscription. The information displayed depends on the type of license.

To view the Subscription Overview dialog box,

• Select Subscription overview from the Information drop-down menu of the Workflow Gallery page
  • OR select Subscription overview from the Help menu on the ribbon of the Nintex Workflow designer or Nintex Forms designer.
OpenWorkflow-based subscription license

If your organization uses a workflow-based subscription license, then the Subscription overview dialog box displays the License and subscription section with the following subsections.

For more information about workflow-based subscription licensing, see the following Nintex Connect article: https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-3838.

SectionDescription
License and registered contactIndicates edition and status of your subscription license.

Subscription entitlement

For the indicated usage scope (total across all environments), lists available entitlements for production workflows, production actions, production forms, development workflows, development actions, and development forms.

For more information about production versus development use, see Assigning use when publishing workflows and forms.

Current tenant usage

For the indicated usage scope (peak usage over last 90 days, current usage), lists the count used for production workflows, production actions, production forms, development workflows, development actions, and development forms.

User-based subscription license

If your organization uses a user-based subscription license, then the Subscription overview dialog box displays the following sections and Action options.

SectionDescription
Registered Contact Details

Includes the following information for the primary contact specified during the initial trial or purchase process.

• Name: Name of primary contact.
  • Email: Email address of primary contact.
  • Tel: Phone number of primary contact.
Subscriptions

Includes the following information for each service, action pack, or action with an active subscription.

Name: Name of service, action pack, or action.

Start Date: Date on which subscription started.

End Date: Date on which subscription will end.

Action: Action options. See the following table.

For more information, see What happens at the end of my user-based subscription?.

Trials

Includes the following information for each service, action pack, or action with an active trial.

Name: Name of service, action pack, or action.

Start Date: Date on which subscription started.

End Date: Date on which subscription will end.

Action: Action options. See the following table.

Subscription KeyText box for entry and validation of subscription key provided by a partner or Nintex. Click Validate to validate the entered key. When validation is complete, the services and actions associated with the subscription key are activated. For more information, see Entering a user-based subscription key.
6 Comments
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

I'm not sure if I'm going crazy, but I've read this multiple times now and still can't see how this is access in a tenant

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Will this be available for unlimited licences? we would like to transition to a subscription based to get access to the new component but out Territory Manager has not way for us to determine how many workflows/actions/forms we are currently using. You obviously have the data as per above, will we be able to get access to this?

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Warwick Ward‌ I took a look at your account, and it seems you are already both on premise, and in O365, are you having trouble getting information on your O365 subscription, or your on premise subscription? I also updated my article, I noticed my instructions weren't incredibly clear on how to access the Subscription Overview page. So hopefully the update/s help.

To view the Subscription Overview dialog box, select Subscription overview from the Information drop-down menu of the Workflow Gallery page or select Subscription overview from the Help menu on the ribbon of the Nintex Workflow designer or Nintex Forms designer. See Workflow Gallery page and Workflow designer ribbon.  

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for the reply, We are looking to switch over our O365 licence from user-based to action-based to get access to the other components, but as Nintex haven't been able to provide us with how many workflows/forms we are using (and we have lot - Sharegate reporting tell us we have 600+ but alot of those would be SPD) we have no idea what level of subscription we would be up for.

Nintex obviously have the telemetry data as displayed in this post, but going into it I see it's only for workflow based subscriptions.

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Warwick Ward It should be for both, but I will see what I can find. Another workaround, is downloading a trial of our Nintex Hawkeye product, which will be available for O365 in December/Januaryish. That will give you all the telemetry you need in order to make a valued decision. We could also switch your tenant temporarily, for a month let's say, allowing you to gather that information you need, then switch you back to your original contract, while you decide if you want to make that change. 

Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Thanks I'll take this info back to our territory manager who stated previously there was no way to do it.