Unable to insert a field with an external data source into a repeating table in a Nintex form

• 24 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I created a Nintex form with a repeating table.  One of the fields I want to place into the repeating table is getting its data from an external source (our ERP system operating on an AS400).  When I try to drag the field into the repeating table, I get an error message: "The control cannot be added to the Repeating Section" and when I click "ok" the field jumps out of the repeating table.  The other fields in the repeating table are ok because when I drag them in the "connected to" disappears.  How can I get a field with an external data source to stay put in a repeating table?

2 replies

Badge +17

@ncocchiara_77 I'd say the product is telling you what's not possible. While I think someone may have achieved this before, I am not sure you can actually do that natively. the connection is broken once it goes into a repeating section so an external data source is not possible.

Badge +2

Thank you for your response.  Is there anyway I can enter a random number like 6 and have the form show me six lines that can be filled in?