DomainUsername adding to Sharepoint

• 23 April 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +8
I have looked through other postings on the forums and it appears that using groups in Sharepoint does not allow K2 to assign new tasks to a particular destination user. I have seen postings as far back as 2005 requesting a fix to this issue. Has this problem ever been addressed?

I have a process that can be used by any employee in the company and then the process is escalated to their manager. We don't have the resources to maintain a full list of individual users in Sharepoint. Was a workaround/fix ever found for this issue?

6 replies

Badge +6
This was an issue with K2 versions prior to SP4. K2.net SP4 components refers to a different SharePoint API to avoid this limitation.

One caveat still is that the user must have logged into SharePoint prior to actioning the tasks.
Badge +8
When you say

One caveat still is that the user must have logged into SharePoint prior to actioning the tasks.

Do you mean at some point in time or have an active session open?
Badge +6
At a single point in time (one time only), the user must've logged into SharePoint.

I am guessing that that is because SharePoint resolves the user's group membership at the time of first log onto the site, and then creates an individual (user) record in the SPS database for that user which the API then can reference.
Badge +8
Ok great, that's easy enough. Logging in to Sharepoint is part of our employee orientation. Thank you for the response I am downloading sp 4 now.
Badge +8
I'm getting the same result even after doing the upgrade. Do I need to recreate the process after the upgrade?
Badge +8
I was not on this project when it was originally installed and I was unaware that there were K2 components on the Sharepoint server. After installing SP4 on the Sharepoint server everything works as advertised.