Readonly Permission to Requester after form submitted

• 14 February 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

I am running through a scenario where I am required to give ReadOnly Permission to Requester when request is submitted.

Note:

1. I am using state machine.
  2. The workflow has 4 levels of approvals, at each stage I am setting the Status Column as following, “Approved By Supervisor”, “Approved by Superintendent”, “Approved by Dept. Manager” or “Approved by HR”.
  3. As the workflow runs with Initiator permission, I am unable to  set to readonly. If I set readonly permission for the item level then the workflow is failed as it is unable to update the list using status column.
  4. I am unable to use impersonation using “Action Set” as Action Set doesn’t provide option run as Publisher account.

Please suggest me what is the best possible solution for such scenarios.

Regards.

Ashraf

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi Ashraf,

Did you try using the Action Set "Run as owner" it will run as the person who has published the workflow and not as the person who started the workflow.

On the Action Set click -> Common -> Run as workflow owner

213420_pastedImage_1.png

let me know if it helps.

regards,

Shrini

Badge +1

I am using state machine and in the state machine it does not allow this option.

Badge +8

Hey Ashraf,

You could always do this before the state machine or use some variable to set the value on the output of the state machine (i.e. who is the approval) and do this after the state machine? I am presuming it will be a little more actions than that would be required but surely it could be done?

Regards,

Shrini