Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

when I click on the formula builder, f(x), button

when I click on the formula builder, f(x), button
I get an We're sorry, an error has occurred
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Unfortunately, as much as we try to avoid errors, these things tend to happen.
I am a site collection administrator. Happens on all sharepoint sites here. 

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: when I click on the formula builder, f(x), button

Hello,

Is this a new Nintex Forms installation or had it been working for a while before this started occurring?  If you were to create a brand new form would it happen there if you were to try and create a calculated field with formula on the form?

Thanks

Highlighted
Not applicable

The form had been working before.

I have tried creating a blank workflow and clicking on the (fx) button in an action (think it was approval task) The error still occurs.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Can you provide a screen shot of where this is happening?  Sounds like maybe a Build String action?

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Melanie,

Do you have access to the IIS server? If you do, open IIS and restart IIS. You can right-click on the top node and select restart.  You will probably have to do this after hours.

Highlighted
Not applicable

nintex.PNG

Here is an imager of the kind of message I get. This message happened when I clicked on the addressbook icon just about visible in the image.

Unfortunately I don't have access to restart the servers but hopefully someone will be in tomorrow to restart them.

I can t help thinking something has gone wrong in the back end somewhere. Just don't know what or why

This site is branded however I am getting the same issue in unbranded sites.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

you should be able to use that correlation error ID to search the logs for a more helpful indication of what is going wrong.  Speak to your admins to have a look at that for you?

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

This really does seem to be environmental.   The ULS logs should reveal more details about what's going on when this happens.  I'd suggest reaching out to Nintex Support, because they will be able to  connect with you  and dig deeper  into the issue.  This is one of  those things were items on the backend will need to be looked at (possibly AD, UPS, or even network related issues).   Thanks!