Nintex Workflow trigger point for SharePoint

• 25 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have Nintex 2013 running for Sharepoint 2013.  I have 2 workflows, A & B.  Workflow A is set to run when item is created.  Workflow B is set to run when item is modified.  Both A and B will send notification out.

For a new item, workflow A will undate some columns on the item.  It triggers workflow B to run since A is making modification.  So I always received duplicated emails.  I want to set a condition to avoid the duplication.  I need to know the trigger point for workflow B.  So I can set the condition at right point.  What's the trigger point for workflow B?

#1. Is B triggered immediately when columns are updated in A? 

#2. Is B triggered after workflow A is finished?

Appreciate for any help!

3 replies

Badge +12

@Jen20 .....what's the condition to trigger the workflow B? Can't you use workflow A to trigger when an item is modified?

You can trigger the workflow conditionally when an item is modified....or you can put a condition to check if the item is new or not (created = modified for new) and put respective logic in respective branches.

Badge +1

When item is modified, it trigger B to run.  But I don't want to A to trigger B.   How to put a condition to check if the item is new or not.

I only want to run A as a new itme without trigger B to run.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Workflow settings:

6308i7B7758A56ECFF45A.png