Workflow to copy item to another list upon creation

• 11 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi all, 

I am trying to create a workflow to copy a list item upon creation to another list. The idea behind this is when an item (address/location) is created it gets added to a search page. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

5 replies

Badge +16

Does the destination list have the same columns?

have a look at actions "create item" and "create item in another site" 

Badge +3

They have the same columns. Do I need to have both 'create item' and 'create item in another site' for it to work or just on or the other. I was able to get it to work by just using the 'create item' action. 

Badge +16

Yes just one or the other (depending on where your destination list is).  So you've got it working? That's great news if so.

Just a little hint for you in case you haven't seen it (and I still do this every day) click the help button on any action when you are configuring them. The help is contextual to the action you are configuring and has a massive wealth of information to explain how to configure it. 

Badge +3

Yes it's working now. Thank you for the tips i will keep that in mind!

Badge +4

I have several workflows in place using create item and you may want to force a Commit Pending Changes action prior to the create item.  I had found that certain times the workflow would indicated completed, yet items were not created.  The underlying cause was the order of events and how they're actually processed