Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.SingleSignOn.SingleSignOnIdentity' to type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity'.

• 9 March 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

We are using MOSS in a SSO / ADFS environment.  When a adfs user trys to access the K2 Management Portal or the administration page we get the following error:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Security.SingleSignOn.SingleSignOnIdentity' to type 'System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity'.

Has anybody come accross this before & know how to fix it ?  Our farm is being hosted by a 3rd party provider & they configured the ADFS .

Cheers,

2 replies

Badge +3

yes.  did you ever get this to work with SSO and ADFS?  I'm doing the same thing and I wondered how you did it.  The unable to cast is due to an implicit case it should be SingleSignOnIdentity SsoId = User.Identity as SingleSignOnIdentity;  or else it will throw the exception.

Badge +3

I logged it with K2 support & they came back & said K2 Blackpoint & Blackpearl do not support ADFS & SSO, they only support windows authentication so we're going to use a 1 way trust so we can still use Blackpoint.