Set Workflow Variable action

• 2 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

workflow - Including a link to a SharePoint list item in an email - SharePoint Stack Exchange

I have two lists. In one list a user enters system details which then kicks off a Workflow which then sends an email to an approver. The email has a link to the second list where the approver ticks on some check boxes. What I'd like to do is to include a link to the item in the first list.

This has been suggested but Nintext doesn't have the Set Workflow Variable action:

1. Create a new workflow variable.
  2. Use the action Set Workflow Variable, select the newly create variable and now click on ... to open string builder.
  3. In string builder put the URL to list item display form, append ?Id= string to it.
  4. Now, from the lower left corner click on Add or Change Lookup.
  5. In this, select Current Item and ID and insert it.

3 replies

Badge

When building URLs I always have to jump through hoops. The steps for me are generally:

1. Assign the Encoded Absolute URL property to a workflow variable

2. remove the junk at the end of that variable with RegEx by replacing text using pattern:     [^/]*$

3. Build a string adding the ID to the end of your URL variable

{WorkflowVariable:vListURL}DispForm.aspx?ID={WorkflowVariable:vTaskID}

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Darren Floyd‌ all versions of Nintex, including Nintex Workflow Cloud, have the "Set variable" action:

You can find them in NWC under the "Operations" group.

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does your question really refer to the Nintex Workflow Cloud product? Or do you (based on your other questions) work in Nintex for SharePoint 2010 or 2013 (on premise versions)?

I can assure you, that the "Set variable" action is present in each Nintex workflow product happy.png

Regards,

Tomasz