Remove/Delete Process

• 25 December 2007
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

It's apparently strange, I can't find a way to delete a process from the Workflow Server Processes list. How can I achieve such a requirement?

Regards,

Saleh 

5 replies

Badge +3

I know in 2003 there was no way to delete entire processes, only active instances, which was really annoying.  There was a DB cleanup script you could use to delete them, but it was never officially supported in a production environment. 

I was hoping this functionality would be available in BP, but alas I see no way to delete processes as well.

Badge +5

HI Jason,

Unfortunately this is not yet possible in SP1. The only, but UNSUPPORTED method is to use the cleanup scripts. It is however on the todo list and will be included in a future release.

Regards

Gert

Badge +5

Thanks, I guess it's highly demanded. Who doesn't need to delete a process in a live server..

Anyway, the cleanup scripts could work for me. Where can I get them?

Cheers,

Saleh

Badge +7

Hi Saleh,

do you find this scripts - I'm also interested on it.

Best regards

Anja

Badge +4

Having had similar problems there is no chance to get rid of unused processes rigth now (and according to customer support there are also no scripts available for Blackpearl). The development team is working on this issue to provide better process support in the future.

Right now there is only a possibility to delete a rolled out K2 Workflow or K2 Event Integration if this was associated with a site. (Thanks also to Bonnie who pointed me somehow in the right direction http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/23855.aspx ).

• Go to Sharepoint Central Administration
  • Click on the K2 for Sharepoint Tab
  • Under Features click on K2 Workflow Integration ASP.NET Page Content Types
  • Under Activation Location choose the Site Collection where you want to activate the K2 Features (click on Activate if it is not already)
  • In the Site Collection where the feature was enabled, click on the Site Actions Tab
  • Depending on wheter a workflow was activated on the site (Site Collection Administration - K2 Workflow Integration) or an Event (Site Administration - K2 Events Integration), the workflows can be deactivated on the site level thereby preventing that unwanted events are continuing firing