Repeat section sum is not calculated on form load

• 29 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to enforce recalculation for calculated value control on form load.

I am using the function sum(text box on repeat section), it does not recalculate when the form loads. It works while editing.

Any help

Sojan

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it normally works...

can you provide more details/example?

is it connected to a list filed or not?

is your sum inside or outside of rep. section?

what form mode doesn't it work (new/edit/view)?

is it list form or task form?

Badge +10

Hi Marian,

The control is not connected to the field, I don't want the data saved to appear on the control,  it is amount field. The sum is outside the repeat section. I am trying on edit mode. In the new mode there is no existing values to calculate. Didn't try the view mode. It is a custom list. Also I cant use currentRowNumber() in a calculated value control for rules. It shows on the screen , but rules are not working as the value shown.

Thanks,

Sojan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, reg. sum:

- I really don't see a problem with your scenario. I tested it on my own and it worked correctly.

- have a look on developer console whether there are not any javascript errors, they my prevent to calculate formula correctly

- have you disabled or hid calculate control or it's enclosing panel?

reg. currentRowNumber - this is, I would say, by design. the function can only be used in formula within a repeating section.

it return current row number of a control you supply as a parameter, not row of a control that holds focus.

Badge +10

Yes, the issue was from hiding the panel, it doesn't calculate the total if it is hidden.

Thanks

sojan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

glad you sorted it out.

Sojan Mathew​, consider marking correct answer the post that really helped you not your comment on that. thanks.