cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

user cannot submit the form

Once the form is submitted, user cannot submit the form  again for 24 hours. how to achieve this? 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: user cannot submit the form for 24 hours

What is the use case for this? Also, do you only have Nintex Forms or also Nintex Workflow available to you?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If you have workflow you could use set item permissions and some kind of pause I guess - what happens to the item in that 24 hours?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

In nintex form, user is filling the data and saving to the list. so, there are some approvals to happen in that 24 hours, so user should not submit the form in that 24hours from the time of submission.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

item will be stored in the sharepoint list. user should not submit the form again in that 24 hours, can you suggest any idea

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Are you using workflow?

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yes. my requirement is,

i will submit the form for the first time, then it should save in the list.

next if i submit the form again within 24 hours then form should not get saved, it should show error message please submit the form after 24 hours like this

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

based on what you've said here, it seems like your requirement is that the user should not be able to resubmit prior to approvals / rejections - not just "for 24 hours."

in which case i'd suggest using a workflow - once the item is submitted, lock it down for only the admin (or whoever is doing approvals), and unlock it once approved. You could even hide the submit button to the initiator, or hide an entire panel, or remove their permissions entirely. Lots of options. 

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for your reply, but i need only for 24hours , user should not submit, anything can be done in the form itself?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It will go for approval, but user needs the validation in the form itself so that 2nd time if user tries to submit it should not get submitted

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply