Conditional Styles not working

Badge +3

I have about hidden 10 Radio Button Selections that appear based off one drop down box.

On these Radio Button Selections I want a visual to show that these are 'required' fields if they are displayed and then when a selection is chosen to turn back to the black font.

I've gotten to work on my top line of the 10 options but then when I setup the exact same Condition Format / Condition the rest do not work.

Has anybody else run into this? 

Thoughts?

If anything I'll just remove the conditional styles and just wait for them to click Save to get the pop up message.  I'd rather give than an instant visual though.

Thanks!

8 replies

Badge +8

Angela,

I will probably need a little more information to go on or maybe a visual. However, if you are using a conditional rule make sure the default rule doesn't get deleted. In the conditional rule use the operator "Is Empty" or "Is Not Empty". Also try to use the "Contains" operator. I have had an issue using conditional; rules with a radio button. The real issue turned out to be the radio button was storing to a column in the table as a "bit". This saved either 1 or 0, True or False to the column. I changed the column to a varchar and then configured the radio button to put an exact text based on selection. This allowed me to use the conditional formating without issue. I hope this helps. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +3

Brian -

My radio buttons are text values.

Examples:    4 radio button choices with selections of   Elementary / Middle / High

I am changing the default rule to be border color red and then creating an additional conditional style that says - when field "not empty" then turn regular grey.

We have used this same exact styling on text boxes and they work correctly.   It appears that after 1 radio control being styled the rest do not work.

Hope that helps.

Badge +3

I'm now having problems with dropdowns - I'm not sure if there is a cap limit on conditional styling that maybe throwing a wrench into this but I wanted to show a picture.

Each one of the drop downs are to go to default if they are not empty.

16893i455A6E1DB123F3E3.jpg
Badge +8

Angela,

The way I put validation on my controls using the conditional styles is as follows.

I select a control and edit the conditional style.

11110i552705BF6708201F.png

Generally I will have two conditionas. A condition where the red box appears and a condition where it is empty where the red border no longer appears.

16086i7F45267FCE6772D8.png

I use the "Is Empty" operator. 

Then I edit the style. 

13777i5824EF31B864CE60.png

13951i19F8B6AE9B2F58C0.png

Please let me know if this helped solve your issue.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +3

Bryan - unfortunately our group have tried all of those methods as well and it stops working after 1 of the dropdowns is setup.  I am wondering if there is a cap on how many dropdowns there can be but that wouldn't make sense.

Still working on few other tests but we have not been successful at all.

Badge +8

There is no cap to the number of controls you can put conditional styling on. However, each control will have to have it's on conditional styling set. It sounds to me like you have a conflict somewhere or maybe one control has a condition that is having an effect on the other controls. I would go through them one by one and look at the conditions for each control. I bet you will find the problem there.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +3

Things are working now - not sure why. 

Badge

failed to change the font color of a dropdown, but ok for bold and background.