cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

updating calendar overlays views using a workflow  from a drop down selection

Jump to solution

Hello, i have created a form that updates a calendar when approved by a manager. In the manager view he gets to see the overlay view list of the calendar from a drop-down or a radio button. I want the calendar views to be  updated when he selects any of those views which are in the drop-down menu. I am having trouble creating the workflow that automatically updates the calendar views from the selection he makes. can you please show me a way to get that done.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: updating calendar overlays views using a workflow from a drop down selection

Jump to solution

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for, but I would like to help. Anytime you view a page, change views on a list, the contents will be up to date. So if you switch between list views on a calendar, they will automatically update with new content. Typically workflows will change the contents of the list items, then the views would just follow along and display the filtered content it is designed to. So they should be in sync. But I believe I may have missed your point. Do you have any screen shots on your example?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: updating calendar overlays views using a workflow  from a drop down selection

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, to better understand what I am trying to say, I have taken screenshots,

now the first shot would be the form that is filled out, kind of a leave request form, where your add your name and select a date you want to be out for, except we are using it for something differentform1.PNG

The second form would be a workflow that I have build, to take that date and update the calendar views that we have in place which would be the image here.

Non-prowfview.PNG

Run if.PNG

Here is the Calendar view that is suppose to be updated

Calender view.PNG

The twist, is that for this view to be updated, I want who ever has the task to be able to determine what view of the calendar gets updated by selecting it from a dropdown which is shown belowManager View.PNG

The blue part is the dropdown, which when TU91 gets selected, the TU91 view on the calendar gets updated. Thanks guys, Please ask more quest if needed.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: updating calendar overlays views using a workflow  from a drop down selection

Jump to solution

I see, so TU91 is not a view, but a list item in the calendar of the Event content type. But it appears within the calendar Scheduling Non-Production Environment.

The drop down on the task form needs to be connected to a Workflow Variable to store the resulting value. I'm not sure what you need the Run-If for, but you would use an Update Item action and filter on that Calendar when the Title is equal to the Workflow Variable from the task form. Then you can change the time based on the value provided in the initial form.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: updating calendar overlays views using a workflow from a drop down selection

Jump to solution

Hello, i am not sure what you mean, but can you please give me a little insight as to what you are talking about. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sorry, it could be my own confusion. Is TU91 a calendar, separate from Non-Production Environment Group?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

TU91 is one of the views i created using a calendar overlay

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Ok, as a Calendar View, it would function as other list views and only display the items that match the filter. So events would not appear in the view until new ones are created or updated to match the filter. Do you have any update actions in your workflow? What purpose are the run if actions, they will be blocking the subsequent actions but I don't see what those actions are. Sorry for my confusion on your situation, but I think we are getting close to a resolution.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is a screen shot on the update item and filter, i was wondering maybe there was something i was doing wrongupdate item photo.PNGFilter action.PNG

Then the final result after using the drop down to select the event item should look like thisTesting Calendar.PNG

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update. First, the Filter action ends the workflow if a configured condition is not met. I'm not sure if that is what you are intending to do.

And the Update Item action, It appears that it is checking for a value within the list it is updating. It seems like it could update the item if found from the lookup with the value it was looking for. As if it will update itself with the same value.

Is the workflow running on a current item, and it needs to update the current item?

0 Kudos