How to identify issue in Task Form

Badge +6

Hi,

I designed a custom Task Form in "Assign Flexi Task".  On running the workflow the assignee gets mail to complete his task.  The form is displayed to the assignee.  Assignee selects his "Choice" and clicks on "Save & Submit" button.  But workflow does not move to next action, also it does not show any error.  It is difficult to find out at which field/control the workflow has stuck up.  Then I terminate the workflow which shows incomplete action at "Assign Flexi Task".  Will you please help to find out the issue.  Also please tell what is the way to identify such issues.

One thing I have to make clear that instead of Custom Task form if I use default Task form the workflow runs smoothly and completes.

Thanks 

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

check in the developer console whether task form does not report any errors there.

check the task status directly in the task list (after task is confirmed)

Badge +6

Hi,

Are you able to supply a screen shot of your form? When you refer to the user selecting their "Choice" are you refering to the Decision action that decides on the path of the Flexi task that should be taken after the form has been submitted? If you have added a Choice form control and not included the Decision Task Column, (by default the Approve and Reject actions) the form will not progress the workflow. You must have the Decision Task Column on the form for the Flexi task to work correctly.

When you use the default form, I guess the option being selected as a "Choice" is actually the correct Decision action.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +6

Thanks Marian.

Thanks Mark.  As you said the Deision Task Column is must.  It is working now.  Also I noticed that under Advance the option "Causes validation" should be NO.

I have defined workflow action "Request review" and the form does not contain Choice.  It has only Comment.  I have defined

1.png

2.png

This is the screen shot of save button of form where control Request review defined.

3.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

originally you reported problem with flexi task, now you turned to request review.

so, what do talk in fact about???

Badge +6

Sunil,

The Request Review action behaves differently and I belive will continue the workflow when the OK button is clicked. There is no decision associated with the form.

The Request Approval is similar, but not as flexible as the Flexi tasks. It will only allow the two options, by default, to approve or Reject. It will behave the same in that the Decision should be included on the form for the action to behave correctly.

As far as the "Causes Validation" selection - that depends on whether you want it to do some sort of validation. The default is NO and that is fine unless you define what validation you require.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +6

Thanks Marian, My first query was for "Assign Flexi Task" which got solved as per the advise given by Mark.

Thanks Mark, The issue resolved and workflow is running successfully.

Regards

Sunil