Disable email notifications when testing

• 22 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

A current project has a single exchange server (2013) configured for both the testing and production environments. I'm looking for possible solutions that will either allow me to disable or re-route email notifications.

I have tried the following without any success

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory" from="administrator@denallix.com">
<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="c:foo"/>
</smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

2 replies

Badge +9

If you are talking about the email-event in one of the default client activity that trigger email everytime it receives tasklist, then just create a dummy dafault activity and move that email-event into the dummy activity while testing. Since dummy activity never receive any tasklist, email-event never trigger. After the testing is done, then restore that email-event into the same dafault activity and delete the dummy activity is the simplest thing to do.

If you are talking about the tasklist notification in the dafault client event, then you can always disable that in the set-up wizard.

Badge +3
Email event - send emails using smtp
Default client event - send emails using exchange webservices.

In testing envieroment you can reconfigure k2 to use only smtp. Also you can set up fake smtp, so all emails will saves at pickup directory.