Add destination user

• 8 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

Can you please let me know how we can handle below case.

I had approvals coming SharePoint list.Once workflow get trigger task get assign to 3 user in that list,before they had take any action if someone is get added ,i would like to assign task to that user as well at same level.

Could you please let me know how i can do this via code or anything.

Thanks in advance

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Amit_P

You can assign tasks dynamically with K2 Roles. Have a read of this white paper K2 blackpearl Roles and Advanced Destination Rules.

The problem you will have is adding a SharePoint list smartobject as the source for a Role. I'm not sure you will be able to do this. See K2 Management Console - Add Users through a SmartObject

Badge +4

Hi Andrew,

Thank for your reply.

I am able to assign destinational from SP list.

My problem is  now workflow has been intiated and task has been assign to 3 user and once someone added in that list that time i would like to assign one new task to that perticular user instate of assign task to all users.

Can we Assign task at current level even if workflow task has alreay assign to couple of user??

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

From my understanding , i dont beleive its possible , since the activity "create slots for # of destinations" and send the task , it cant change that on runtime , specially in ur scenario , to send 1 new task for this specific new user , also to do that action when SP list changes "adds user" ,

another thing i think of , wt if u had complex line rule ? it wouldnt change dynamicly ,

Note: this is just my opinion based on my understanding , still would love to see wt others think of it .

Hope this helps ! and make sense .

Regards.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Amit, as I mentioned in my post you can dynamically add users to tasks using dynamic K2 Roles (see the link in my original reply). The problem for you is that you I don't think there is a way to add users to a role from a SharePoint list when using a People column. Roles allow you to set members using a SmartObject method, but as SharePoint stores users as IDs (not FQN) the Role cannot resolve the returned value.

The only way I can think to do this is to use a text column to add the user's FQN in (e.g. K2:DenallixAdam) instead of a people column, and return that in the SmartObject method for the Role.