Hide/Show Column in List View

• 18 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I am trying to hide/show columns in a list view based on the value of the first item in the list. Example, if the item exists then I want the user to be able to use a picker to select the item, if the item doesnt exist I want them to enter free text. I have set up a rule 'If exists contains True, then show the picker' however when I click the checkbox the row closes and I have to go back and click edit for the row to appear again. Is there anyway to change this that when the checkbox is clicked the picker automatically appears without the row closing?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good Day Peanutbutter

I am assuming the that the checkbox is part of the record in the list view.

I would suggest that you add a rule "then edit the selected row" on the check box button change event this will automatically set the record to editable state meaning that the checkbox will be visible even after it has changed, you can then also set the pickers visibility on the checkbox change event for the picker to appear. In essance this will make the entire process dynamic meaning you would not have to edit the row twice but instead only once, the record will automatically then place itself back into idit status after the checkbox had been changed.

Kind Regards

Raymond