Emailing document library from a list workflow

• 26 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I have a SharePoint 2013 list with some custom templates built into a Nintex form that we use for Staff Announcements and Newsletters.  I created a workflow that captures that content and sends an email accordingly.  What I want to do is to have that email ALSO send to a SharePoint library that I created.  I turned on email capabilities for the library and grabbed the email address that it generated....I added that email address to the CC field in my workflow email but that is not working, not sure what I am missing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Tonya,

can you send regular mails (not from a workflow) to that library?

Do you receive any errors from your workflow?

Did you check incoming mails are configured properly in your farm?

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +2

Yes I am able to email directly to the library with no errors.  I tried converting the list item to a document and then copying the document over to the library but that gives me an error.

Badge +11

Can you access central administration and double check this setting under "Configuring incoming email settings":

214033_pastedImage_1.png

Not exactly sure how mails coming from nintex workflow are routed tho =

If that doesn't help I would check the ULS log to see if any errors occur and/or check with whoever is managing the mail servers if they can help you.

Cheers

Philipp