cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

state machine

Hi

I have created a state machine WF that runs on a sharepoint list.

When a request is submitted in that list , and it is rejected, I have set an action: wait for item update' so that the requestor needs to check a box to prevent the state machine from going to the next level automatically.

This works fine on the first rejection, but if the request is rejected for the second time, the that same checkbox is already checked and pushing the wf further to the next state, without waiting for an update from the requestor.

So the question: How can i have the Workflow waiting EACH time a request is rejected.

I hope someone can help.

Please see attachment as reference.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: state machine

Hi,

Can't you reset the check box in one of the branches? May be once it is rejected, reset the field to No, and then it will move on to the Waiting action. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you for your message Kapil.

It is a bit unlogical to turn off. that checkbox while something needs revision.

Do you see another action which i can use or another approach.

The best would be that teh WF should stop, Until, the button Submit is pressed,

BR

Ben

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ben,

The one thing that may help would be to have the workflow automatically set a secondary condition so that the one trigger is part of the solution to move to the next state.  This way if the user does update it, then both criteria are met and it moves on.  If not then it waits until both are met.

Without seeing more, its hard to give a direct answer as to a better way.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Many thanks for your suggestions. I have managed to solve this issue by using the (update item) action for the checked box to be turned off after rejection.

Some issues feel so complicated, while the answer is so simple.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply