Integrate with Task in SPS

• 11 February 2005
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Dear Experts

I have an application which enable users to fill the InfoPath Form in SPS and submit to K2 workflow.

If I use the k2 web part to show users the task they have, the task does not refresh, until the user modify the web part (site setting>>customize home page). I suspect this action is to force the web part to reconnect+refresh. If the user is not the administrator/web designer, they can't modify the web part, therefore, can't work on the list. (Using k2 workspace site is not an option in our company).

If I use the k2 studio and modify the event property, "Event Item" >> "Task List", check "Add to Sharepoint Task List" and set other fields properly (do exactly the same as the in k2 training), it compiles. However, gives me error in run time. Complaining "XXX" user is not found. Even though the user is correct. Once I go back and uncheck "Add to SharePoint Task List", it works.

Could you please help with this? Thank you very much!

4 replies

Badge +4
Hi,

I'm not sure about the "Add to SPS Task List" part, but it may be worth having a look at the release notes for K2.net 2003 SP1a - There is a note there that states the auto refresh of the SPS Task list does not work.

I've also noticed with the pre-SP1A release of the web part that the refresh button doesn't work either. I've worked around it by simply refreshing the browser - not ideal, but works for me...

Regards,
Dave.
Badge +1
The reason you are receiving the "XXX" user is not found error, is because that specific user has not been added to the SharePoint site.

Please check that the user is added to the site, and try again.
Badge +1
Hi LeonG and David

Thanks a lot for your help.

That works if I add the user in SharePoint. However, the application is to be used by many people. Is there a better way to do it than adding all the users in it?

Regards
Flo
Badge +1
You can try and add the Domain Users group to your site, and give that group guest permissions. The task list tries to resolve the user in sharepoint, and this should work since the users only need read permission to use open the infopath form - since k2 will be doing the actual write back into sharepoint.