Issue with rich text control

• 19 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi.

I am having an issue with rich text control in K2. My version is 4.6.11 

I am pulling the content from sharepoint to the rich text control and then sending it as an email. In sharepoint my content starts with <div> but when I pull this into the control, below tag is getting added 

<div class="ExternalClass343AD6022D26461EB7242F6DAD9E3974">

Problem is, if the above tag is present in the data then I am losing some <br /> and entire formatting will go off. The same behaviour is happening when I insert an image on to the body of rich text control as well. Any idea why this is happening?

Regards,

Madhu

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Madhu,

Could you test the rich text contents outside of SharePoint? For example, if you copy the rich text contents from another source (outside of SharePoint) and paste into the Smartforms Rich text control, then do you see the same div tag? It looks like the div tag is coming from SharePoint. To confirm this, you can test with Telerik editor tool, i believe that this will yield the same result.

Hi khanh,

Yes you are right. The <div> tag is coming from sharepoint not from K2. Also what I learned is that the control will take out the first <br> from the body irrespective where the <br> is. 

For the time being I am managing the line spacing using <p margin=> than using <br>

Regards,

Madhu