cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set hidden column value in nintex forms

Jump to solution

I have hidden the title column from my list, so it does not appear in the form. Anyway I would like to set it's value, because I still use it on the views.

Is it possible to set hidden field value from Nintex Forms when saving the item?

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: set hidden column value in nintex forms

Jump to solution

You should be able to do that in the workflow by using the Set Field Value action.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

If you want to input a value from the form you could add the Title field back by dragging it back from the tool box under List Columns. Or create a Single Line Of Text box and Connect To the field Title. Or add a single line of text control have it Not Connected and you should be able to pull it out of the Form XML data in a workflow.

Or as burkslm‌ said, you can define it in the workflows without any input from the user.

0 Kudos
ohrenstoepsel
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You shouldn't hide it from your list. Better is to hide it in Nintex Forms. Then you are still able to set values for the field. And you are also able to decide if it is hidden in New, Edit and Display Form.

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Jerzy,

Did you get this resolved?  As@burkslm said you could use a workflow.  Depends on what you want to set the value to and where you are getting that information from.  Happy to help you resolve this if needed.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, I can leave the title field visible on the list and hide it within Nintex Forms. But how can I set the value of that field so it will combine for example two or more values and set the title?

Let's say I have two fields on the form called respectively section and subsection. I'd like to combine those two values and set as title.

Is there a way of combining this two fields into title field so that it is saved just as any other field when user clicks the save button? Something like: if section is Foo and subsection is Bar, then the title is Foo Bar, and I could achieve it without workflow and custom javascript if possible.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

The Title field cannot be a calculated value on its own. You can do this without javascript. But you will need a workflow to do this using the Set Field value action.

But what do you need the calculated value for? Because you can make a new list columns that is calculated this way, and then use it in list views as the primary column. You can remove the title field from the view, add this calculated field, and also include the Edit button in the view. Just some options.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, those options are perfectly valid and I agree. I'm newbie to Nintex Forms, and I'm exploring possibilities.

What do I need that for? Client was asking for it He would like to have this custom information in the title column, not in calculated column, to have the OOB context menu available.

And with workflow he doesn't like the situation where he is saving the item and title field is not set, because worklfow either did not start yet or is still in progress. He would like to have the 'calculated' value there as soon as he hits the save button, so when he is redirected it's there.

0 Kudos
shirin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Jerzy,

You can achieve same things using Form Variable and you don't need to display title field visible on the form at all. Actually you don't even need to add that on the form. Please follow below steps.

1. Create Form Variable.
  2. Select Type  >> String.
  3. Select Connected To >> Title.
  4. Formula >> section + subsection (You can achieve this using Formula Builder)
  5. Publish form and try

Please let me know how you go.

Regards

Shirin

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm seconding Shirin's post for emphasis on the method to do this via the form.  Otherwise use Andrew's method and achieve it by using the set title action.  Don't forget to unrequire the title field first in the list so that it doesn't give an error before its set.

0 Kudos