Cleanup - Delete Site Workflow History Entries

• 20 June 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

I would like to delete Site Workflow History Entries from a Website. I have already deleted the Workflow (it isn't running any more), but the Entries are still there.

I think this is for SharePoint 2010 and also 2013 (i am using 2013).

Here my search ways:

- Contextmenu (top right) - Nintex Workflow 2013 - View Workflow History -> I can see several Entries with the already deleted Workflow

- Site Settings - Manage Workflow history lists -> The History lists are empty (0 items)

- Site Settings - Manage Workflow Inventory -> Workflow is not available (already deleted)

- Site Settings - Recycle Bin -> Empty (also the Admin-Bin)

I have found in several discussions points for Library and List Workflows, but nothing to clean up this Site Workflow history.

More investigations show me, that the Workflows aren't available in Nintex, because the graphical view is "not available". So this can only be a SharePoint thread.

Does anyone have an Idea?

Big thanks,

Daniel

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

So it's been a long time, and you haven't gotten any responses ... so .. my best attempt is to point you here:

https://community.nintex.com/message/5077?commentID=5077#comment-5077 

There's a lot of good resources in this post. 

One of the PDFs posted further down the thread show all the NWadmin commands -- I think this may help:

https://community.nintex.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/5096-1-6015/Nintex%20Workflow%202013%20-%20NWAdmin%20Operation… 

Page 34.

I'm curious to know if this is what you were looking for at the time, even it was all that time ago.  Let me know.

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge

Have you tried Site Settings > Nintex Workflow > Purge workflow data?  Use custom filter and enter workflow name.

Purge Workflow Data

In this instance, I had deleted RM4_Alert_AM_wf and couldn't remember the exact name, so I used other custom filters to find and copy, then entered in the custom filter field. 

Purge Workflow History List