cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

send list item link in edit mode in rejected case

i created approval workflow for the list A. when user rejects the list item, send mail to user saying that please edit again and send it back. i am able to add link in send mail action but i am getting item id was wrong. actual list item id is 21. iam getting below item id:20.

example url:https://siteURL/Lists/LISTNAME/EditForm.aspx?ID=20

is their any way to add 20+1 like this for above link.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: send list item link in edit mode in rejected case

you can increment the value with math action.

but I wonder why would you need to increment ID if you want them to edit & resend the same item (ie. with the same ID)???

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If the workflow is running on current item 20, than how it will return id as 21, is it creating new item on 'Rejection' case. Kindly check the workflow settings / logic once.

You can try with 'ItemUrl' also to send edit link. Ex: fn-Replace({Common:ItemUrl},disp,edit)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yes, its creating new item in list. when i will change current item. is their any way to increment the current id value.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

If you are using 'Create Item' action for creating new item, you can create a workflow variable type list item id and store new item id in that like below. 

If you are using copy item action then you have to use a 'query list' action with some filter condition and store it in a collection variable and get the new item id with 'pop' operation in 'Collection' action.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

hi,

i tried but iam getting same old id, after editing list item and save again getting new id

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Can you post your workflow screenshots.?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply