I want to send email notification to all users in group as separate email. I know I can use "Send Notification addressed notification" option to do this in "send notification" action. But it is not working all users are added in "To" field. Is it bug or default behavior? If it is default behavior then what is use of having the option? Please suggest solution for sending separate email for users in group?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Gunesh v,
You are correct. See this:Fix "Send individually addresses notifications" option for SharePoint groups – Customer Feedback for...
It was identified as a bug but I dont think it has been fixed yet.
See this workaround: Send Notification Question
Hope it helps.
Im using nintex workflow 2010.. and here's my workaround:
First you need to create sharepoint group and add users to the group.
example group name : "Announcement List Group"
Now create the workflow:
1. Add Web Service
2. Web Service Configuration :
in url field choose , and choose "Web URL" in the common category. and add /_vti_bin/usergroup.asmx
and fill in username and password field (this user account need to have access permission to webservice)
3. In the web method field click Refresh and choose GetUserCollectionFromGroup from the drop down
4. In GroupName field type in your sharepoint group name, in my case is "Announcement List Group"
5. Now you need to create Variables with type "multiple lines of text".
6. In the webservice output choose "specifiy elements", within the drop down choose your variables in my case is UserCollectionXML and then choose "Select element" -> GetUserCollectionFromGroupResult -> Apply
it should be like this :
7. Now add Query XML to your workflow
8. Query XML configuration:
XML Source choose "XML" and add your previous workflow variable from insert reference, in my case is "UserCollectionXML"
9. Now add XPath "/defaultNS:GetUserCollectionFromGroup/defaultNS:Users/defaultNS:User/@Email"
10. Now create another variables with type Collection. In my case i create it with name "Users"
11. Store result in your variables that created in step 10.
12. Add for each function .
13. For Each function configuration:
In the Target Collection Field: Choose variables from step 10.
Now create another variables with type "single line of text". In my case i create it with name "User"
In the Store result in Field: Choose variables that you have created in this step, which is "User"
14. Now add send notification within the for each.
15. In the notification configuration, set the recipient field (to) with variable you create in step 13, which is "User"
it should be like this.
16. Your Workflow Diagram should be like this:
Hope it can help.