Is anyone else experiencing odd Nintex Workflow behavior in SharePoint 2013

Badge +3

I'm experiencing odd/eratic behavior from Nintex Workflow 2013. Several things are happening.

Most of the time, when attempting to Save or Publish, or work with variables, my buttons remained grayed out (not selectable).

Or, when creating a Creating a List Item, it does not recognize a workflow data choice as a valid option to populate a required field. When I save the step it displays the exclamation point warning, and I'm not able to Publish the workflow in this state. I find myself changing the choice to a contrived Value, just to get it to save and then after I Publish the workflow I'm able to change the required field choice with a Workflow variable. Sometimes even that doesn't work.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior - has anyone found a fix?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, which browser are you using?

I've sometimes found similar problems when using a browser different from IE, when it happens I remember that at the moment Nintex supports only IE as browser to access Workflow or Forms Designer

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi ‌,

are you still experiencing the issues you have described here? 

I hope no..could you share what was causing them? It may be helpful to other people on the community if they experience the same issue..

Thanks

Badge +3

Hi Giacomo,

I still occasionally experience the issue where the Nintex Action appears as if it hasn't been configured, because the default value in a dropdown wasn't changed to a different value. Because Nintex sees the Action as incomplete I'm unable to Publish the WF.

However, I've become so accustomed to changing the value one in the list to any value, and then going back and changing it to the value I want, which is usually the default value in the dropdown, that I don't really pay attention to it anymore.

My suggestion to the Nintex UI/UX team would be to change the behavior to allow Actions to be saved when default values are set in dropdown lists choices. If that's too much work, then an alternative would be to set the default dropdown value to a blank, or a SP-like UX "Select one" in order to make it easier for the WF developer, especially one new to Nintex.

My suggestion for anyone who experiences the situation above, where an Action appears to not be configured (yellow triangle exclamation point) is to change all dropdown values from their default to a different value and save, and then go back and change to them to whatever you wanted in the first place (which is most likely the default).

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Larry Bolton‌, I agree with you that sometime in the UI having a default value that is not really selected may be cause misunderstanding..

If you want, you can explain your suggestion on Customer Feedback for Nintex where people like us, who doesn't work for Nintex, can suggest new features or enhancements..

Can I also ask you to mark your last reply as correct answer (the last suggestion is the key point!)?

Thanks a lot happy.png

Giacomo