cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

send email to user from dropdown list

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I'm in need of some help - i have a list (Main list) which contains a drop-down lookup column from a column in another list (user list), in the user list it has 2 columns: names and email addresses (this is just for me to be able to add new users without changing anything in the main list)

I want to create a Nintex workflow which sends an automated email to the email address of the person from the drop-down list on the main list when a new item gets created and then assign a task to the same user to be able to change the status of the item. (accept/cancel/decline)

The first issue i'm facing is the 'To' address in the configure action option doesn't contain my item properties field (names) in the lookup and i cannot use the initiator option as the item gets created by someone different to that of the user list. The second issue is the assign a task - i haven't got to this point yet as i'm a bit lost.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

I hope the above makes sense.

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: send email to user from dropdown list

Jump to solution

Hey Gav, have you tried using the Set Variable action and putting the "Name" token in the body and creating a varName variable that will contain the username ? You can use Variables in the To: field..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

how would i do this? apologies i'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to workflow

thanks for the response

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

When you set a people variable, you can choose to get his login or name or email,....

You'll see how to do this here : How to retrieve display name, user id, email using login name in Nintex Workflow 2013 | Just Sharing...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply, so applying the logic on the link you sent me above - how can i use this to crosscheck a name from a drop down list (which is a lookup from another list) to get the person that's been selected in the drop down lists email address?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

I played about a little and got it to work thank you so much.

one last issue i have is i would like the person who receives the email to go into the same item and then have to change the status to accept/cancelled - preferably a link in the email to click which takes them to the items assigned to them and for them to update.

a reminder email would be a bonus

0 Kudos