cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

send email attachment

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a workflow that converts a .docx document to a pdf in the same library.  Now I want to attach the PDF to an email.  I am using the send notification.  The problem is that the attachment is the word file not the PDF file.

How can I attach the just created pdf  as an email attachment

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: send email attachment

Jump to solution

Hi,

have you tried to select the attachment referencing the URL of the pdf file? It should be known and you can refer it in the "Add attachment" option?

Giacomo

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi ‌, same question here as in the other thread..have you find a valid solution to your question?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You will need to reference the url of the pdf file. What I do in this scenario is the following.

I create a variable with my base url which contains site, library and document name but leaves the file extension

The word action saves its output to

myvariable+".docx"

The pdf action takes that output myvariable+".docx" and it's output is myvariable+".pdf"

In send notification you attach myvariable+".pdf" which will make your notification contain the pdf attachment.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
I am not getting "set variable" in Configure Action. Can you please help me with this ?
0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information.  I, too, was looking to attach a document library's document to a notification and just did not see the "+ Add Attachment" next to the Attachments on the notification configuration.

Once I used that and in my case, the context item URL along with the checkmark for 'Attach file from workflow', all worked out just fine and we met the business need, so this was very helpful. 

0 Kudos