cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rules and apostrophe (') in values ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've columns as single line of text or choices and need to use them in rules to hide or display some content.

The problem is that the single line text or the choice may contain an apostrophe (') and using the itemproperty in the rule does break the javascript code when opening the form (blank page). Is there a workaround, is this a bug ?

example: a simple rule like isNullOrEmpty({ItemProperty:MyChoice}) with the value of MyChoice set to «c'3» will break the javascript:

in the debugger we can see NWF.FormFiller.Functions.GetTypedValue('c'3','Choice') whith is obviously invalid javascript

This has been tested with the latest version of nintex form: 2.3.4.0

thx

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: rules and apostrophe (') in values ?

Jump to solution

Try using the name of the control instead of item property within your rule.  I just tested it with a value that contains

c'3   and the rule worked just fine.

Thanks

Not applicable

Jump to solution

thx,

I already figured it out because it was part of my rule : if itemproperty is empty and control is empty then hide xyz

I want to show xyz if either the itemproperty is set or the user choose a value in the control. This is to prevent xyz to hide if the user set the control to no value but xyz is set.

Also if you don't need to use a control it is a bit cumbersome to make a control and hide it in order to use the value in rules because you can't use itemproperty.

For now I just check the control like you said.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Awesome, glad to hear you got it working.  If you can, mark this request as answered, just so others don't think it is still pending/open.

Thanks

0 Kudos