Nintex Mobile App Status Indicator

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi All,

A bit of a brainstorming request. I have a mobile app form, quite extensive with many sections. As such I need a status indicator for each of these sections to let the users know whether or not that section has been completed.

For online purposes I simply reference a publicly available URL for a red dot, amber dot, and green dot and hide the various images based on rules.

However, I need this form to work offline as well. I was rather hoping when the form was downloading, the images may be cached but apparently not. 

With no HTML and CSS at our disposal, I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to do this. A visual indicator would be preferable to text really.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey Ryan,

you can place 2 label controls on your form. As you can't fill it you need to "write" the square. So open html mode and add

<font color="rgb(0,255,0)">&#9632;</font>

for the green one

and

<font color="rgb(255,0,0)">&#9632;</font>

for the red one label.

Don't know if this is displayed correctly in this forum so here again is the code for the red square screenshotted

205663_pastedImage_3.png

Now place rules on them to hide / show them when appropriate, in my case I only have a title field but of course it will also work with sections

205661_pastedImage_1.png

205662_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That looks perfect. Thanks. Seems so straight forward now but sometimes you just need another brain to show you the way when you've been used to doing something a certain way.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Totally agree. Had struggle with this too grin.png