cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

repeating section

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I have to implement a for that has a repeating section, in the repeating section there is a date, estimated hours of work and approved hours of work. the Employee fills in the date and estimated hours of work, but the approved hours of work is editable by manager only.

When the form is submitted the manager is eligible to modify the approved hours for each row in reaping section.

Also I have to save each row in the repeating section in a separate sharepoint list.

1- How can I iterate through repeating section and save each row in a separate sharepoint List?

2-How can I have manager to modify the approved hours for each row in the repeating section?

Thanks

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: repeating section

Jump to solution

Hi,

1. I think this will be a hard goal and the first thought i have about this, is using some java script to iterate through the repeating section. But that's only a long shot and I am not sure about that.

2 For this case you could use a rule on the field in the repeating section, which only allows "edit" when the user who is opening the form is in a special group defined by you. There is a inline function in nintex forms called "IsMemberOfGroup" which should allow you to only allow managers to edit.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

To iterate through the repeating section and save each item elsewhere you will need a workflow to do that for you. I would review Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman As it demonstrates how to pull down the Form Data xml of the repeating section and then loops through each record.

And I second Victor, use the IsMemberOfGroup.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Nafiseh,

I have a blog coming soon about this very topic, "Iterating through and pushing to a separate list".

As for locking content down for the manager to approve, you may want to consider Victor's approach or have the totals in the repeating section stored back into the list and run an approval on that data.

0 Kudos