Worklist table

• 15 February 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi All,

we are trying to build a custom report using the reporting services to show the users the tasks that are in his court for action. i understand that we have out of box functionality of k2 worklist conrol to be made as a view, how ever we need add further more information, hence building the custom reports.

i would like to know which table stores the information in the K2 database, as i am finding it hard to determine. i used various combinations but no luck.

data count mismatch is happening when i run the activity instance destination smart object in the smart object service tester  to get all active instances and the actinst table in the database with status active.

so tester is fetching 391 records which matches the count when i open workspace, where as table is fetching 408 records. this is where i am lost , and looking for help.

which is the right table i need to look in to get the correct information.

Thanks in Advance

VIjay

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

HI Vijay

I would caution against querying directly against the K2 database - this is not a supported activity. There could be a number of reasons the database table and the activity instance destination smart object return different records. I would trust the activity instance destination smart object to be the source of truth.

Badge +3

Thanks for the update Andrew.

is there a way where i can include the SO in the reports.  i tried this option first to use the SO for the report, as i could not figure out was using the tables to get the right info.

any thoughts on how we can achieve this.

Thanks

Vijay

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

You can use SmartObjects ADO queries as a report data source in SQL Reporting Services.

You need to configure your report server to incude the SourceCode.Data.SmartObjectsClient.dll and update the RSReportDesigner.config file.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html#Troubleshooting_ReportingServicesConfigfiles.html