cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Re: "You are not authorized to respond to this task." message

Again I had a user who had issue opening a Workflow task and therefore I need to be precise, this Permission is the one that is required at site permission level so that the item in Workflow Tasks list can be viewed.

(until Nintex gives us a fix)

Manage Hierarchy - Can create sites and edit pages, list items, and documents.

Hope this help !

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thank you, I have found that indeed, in our case you have to have FULL CONTROL rights at the SITE LEVEL for the ability to respond to any workflow task in the Workflow Tasks list. This is crazy.

0 Kudos
vacoder
Nintex Newbie

Hi Alan.

In my case I do not even want the user to respond to the task but only to view the details of the invoice. I don't mind if the get the red 'You are not authorized to respond to this task' message. Currently the users are getting an unhandled exception but when I look in the ULS logs it is this message. I get the nice red message because I got full control on the site as the administrator.

Emily Billing has marked a 7 month old response that has nothing to do with my scenario as the answer to this conundrum. My user doesn't need to approve the workflow item. They only need to view the details of it. These would be store managers, district and area mangers.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Richard, I've create a new post for your question, as you have a different question to the original in this thread, and will have more visibility. You can find it here What permissions are needed to view a task not assigned to you?

0 Kudos
ohagas
Nintex Newbie

Hi Ryan

Did you ever find a workaround to your issue so that your workflow would run without having to assisgn all users 'Read all items'? I seem to be having the same problem here:

0 Kudos