Yes/No check box is not saved on update

• 31 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a Yes/No check box in my form. When user enters data into the form, I am using a create method to save the details into Database. This works fine.

But when the user comes back and updates the form, I am using Update method to save details. All the other fields save the updated data, except for the Yes/No checkbox. 

I am using the data from the fields in my form controls and saving them in my update method. 

I have attached a screenshot on what I mean exactly. I am taking the filed from under the controls and passing it to my input properties in Update method.

It saves fine for all other fields, except for Yes/No field. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Using K2 Balckpearl 4.6.1. 

13629i55BBB26D15BDE493.png

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Rohini

Are you using a SmartBox service or SQL Server Service Instance?

Check the update method of your smartobject (i.e. edit the smartobject method) to make sure the field is mapped correctly.

Badge +3

Thanks for your reply.

This is now resolved. I was doing some stupid mistake. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Rohini For future users stumbling upon this post with the same issue, what was the solution to the problem?

Badge +3

So I was writing an Update method to capture the changes made to the Yes/No checkbox. 

In the rules, I was saving the field fine. But I was not refreshing the list the user sees. So unless the user refreshes the browser, the reuslt would not be displayed.

Now, I am refreshing the list after the update method and it works fine.