Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

"Copy Item" action error in a Calendar list

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have a Calendar list (A). I have used Save list as template to create a second Calendar list - Archive (B), Created a site workflow to move the items from List A to archive list B based on some date condition (I am triggering the workflow manually for testing the workflow)

This is the error that i am getting - "The workflow could not copy the item.  Make sure the source and destination lists have the same columns and column settings."

I am using the same workflow on 5 other lists and libraries - Everything is working perfectly with those

This is a SharePoint 2013 environment.

I have seen couple of other posts similar in this community - None of them worked for me

Any inputs are really appreciated.!

Thanks.!!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: "Copy Item" action error in a Calendar list

Jump to solution
"I am using the same workflow on 5 other lists and libraries - Everything is working perfectly with those"
Is the workflow running on any other Calendars or only lists and libraries?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The workflow that is not working now is a Calendar list

The workflows that are working are from different lists and libraries(Not the calendar list)

--Thanks for the response.!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This approach worked for me http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-copying-a-calendar-event-to-another-calendar.aspx - By using "create item" instead of "copy item".!!

But please let me know if this is still achievable using a "copy item" action 

Thankyou.!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
From what I recall the create item needs to be used on Calendars but as you can reference a current item it works very much like copying, the only difference is the action needs a little more configuring.
0 Kudos