Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saif
Nintex Newbie

pulling column field in list in form

Hi,

I’m new to Nintex, I’m using Nintex for SharePoint 2016

I’m creating leave form where a user will apply for their leave.

I have created a custom list as belowlist.png

My challenge is I want every time I request for a leave it should check previous balance from the Balance leave column in the list based on employee ID and minus balance with Total leave column ( balance – Total Annual leave).

The  Total Annual leave column is based on ( start date + end date)

Can this be done in Nintex form without using jquery

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
fccrous
Nintex Newbie

Re: pulling column field in list in form

Hello,

This is definitely possible but I would change your design slightly.   If this was me, I would create an employee list with all the employees in the list and a column for their leave balance. 

The second list will be the Leave request list, where an employee can request leave.   The employee name can be used with the lookup() inline function to get the leave balance from the first list.  The employee will select a start and end date and a calculated field can then dispaly hwo many days will be taken as leave.   You can add a validation rule on the form that checks the leave balance with the days taken and display an error message if the days taken is more than the leave balance.

Once the form is submitted, the workflow will send the leave form to the manager for approval.  Once approved, you can update the leave balance list with the leave balance - days taken value.

Please let me know if anything is unclear or if I need to ellaborate on anything.

Kind Regards,

Francois Crous

0 Kudos
saif
Nintex Newbie

Re: pulling column field in list in form

Hi Francois,

thanks a lot for your comment and suggestion,

- so do you mean the first list I should predefine all users with their leave? 

- how I will use the lookup function in this case, by drop-down of User list 

I start to get your idea but can you please elaborate more 

0 Kudos