How to stop a subview

• 22 December 2020
  • 10 replies

I have a List view on a form, when you double click each row of the list, it should pop out different subview accordingly. Currently, they will pop out 3 subviews at the same time, how can I stop the other 2 subview to pop out, while I only want one subview pop out each time when i click the row. Thanks.

10 replies

Hi @JennyZ,

Does your rule look like this, can you send a screenshot of your rules if possible?

Kind Regards

Prineel

As you can see, i only need to open a subview at a time

Hi @JennyZ,

That will open 3 SubViews, what the rule is doing is: for an item in your listview that you double click, open all 3 subviews. Are you trying to open specific subviews based on the data from the row you click? 

Kind Regards

Prineel

Yes, that is right. i use the filter in the “get list” to match the ID number in each subview. but the empty subviews showing the same time. How can i stop the empty subview to show? 

i have tried to used advanced condition or if the List View contains a specific value as a condition. Doesn’t work.  

Hi @JennyZ,

Am working on it, will get back to you hopefully within the next 2 - 3 hours.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Thank you very much Prineel

Hi @JennyZ,

I just want to clarify what you are doing. So what I understand is that your sub views contain list views. From your main ListView, you want to match the ID from a specific sub view’s list view to open the subview. So all of your listviews in your subviews have unique IDs, so for example SubView 1 and 2 does not have the same ID value of  “1”? Please let me know if that made sense.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel, 

My list view and three subviews do not have any common, they have different SmartObject as well. I populated the list view’s ID number (the automatic number) to the subview’s LogID number, (which is not the subview’s automatic ID number, it is a different number). My point is: when you click on the list view, then through the get list function’s filter to retrieve the LogID number to decide which subview data to display. Currently, the retrieve function is working, that is why, the other two subviews window show the empty value in the window, but i just don’t want to show the other two empty window. 

let me know if my explaination is not clear, thanks again. 

J

Hi @JennyZ,

Have you tried the “if a control on a subview does not contain a value” rule?, this only works for one of my subviews, but maybe itll work for all of yours:

So the basic idea is to check whether the listView ID contains a value or not and if it doesnt, close the subview

Hi Prineel, 

I just tried your way, yes, only one of the subview works, the other two seems loaded, then disappeared again by itself. Also, i noticed the process is very slow, the subview window keeps working hard. Maybe the if..else function makes that happened. 

I will try different logic way to see it improves or not, also, i am thinking of using subform instead of subview to try

J