A kind of Cascading an get data in the Repeating section

• 3 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I need your Help.

I have a couple on Pricelists, one for each fiscal year. They are separate SharePoint lists on one site.

Now I want a Nintex Form where a customer can select via dropbox the fiscal year and then he have a repeating section with a list lookup *depending on the fiscal year selection* view via drop box the article column. Then two calculated value controls get further data from the selected article.

How can I handle this in a “on the fly” form? -> No save the data in a hidden field and reload it to go further in the task.

Is this even possible, when yes -> how?

Thanks you in advance!

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Sebastian,

cascading drop down menus are possible. It's dependant on your data in your lookup lists.

Here's how you would need to set up your data.

Would this be applicable in your use case?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +2

Enrico Thanks for your post.

I Knew this Post but it doesn`t fit t my situation. Because this method works with a filter selection in the second list.

I need an option to switch the values in the repeating section by selecting the fiscal year via dropbox. (to get access to the separate lists on the SharePoint)

Kind Regards

Sebastian

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm,

could you describe or show the list setup of your data and how the lists are connected? I think I don't understand what the box below should display.

Badge +2

OK, I will try to explain it:

The Customer can select a year in the first Dropdown box (if it make sense, I can change it to another type of button).

Due this selection the selected pricelist (2016/2017/2018 one several list for each year on one site in the Sharepoint) should be deposited in the List look field “product” in the repeating section.

Then the customer can select one or more products in the repeating section. For each selected product the calculated values should receive the price and the article number.

The selection from the fiscal year price list is necessary because, some year we have 200 products another year we have only 180 products. Some of the products where new, some get out of selling.

This is only a part from a Form which makes me headache.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks for the explanation!

The problem is that the products are stored in different lists. I think you're solution will be easier to maintain when you store all product in just one list and have a fiscal year column in the same list. This way you can still filter / view / group products by the year you want.

You could have the year selection in a separate list and have a lookup from your product list to the year selection lit to make it easier to select. Thats up to you.

Both ways should allow you to run the cascading lookup mechanism.

Furthermore, using this approach you won't have to create new physical product lists each year.

Badge +2

Thanks a lot Enrico.

After I copied all seprate price Lists in one "global", then it was quite easy to get a working Cascading list lookup.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Great! happy.png