cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

pre-populate repeating section in a create new item from another list?

Hi, Everyone. I am fairly new with Nintex. Can someone please help me. I have two lists and I have repeating section on both lists, identical repeating sections. List 1 is a maintenance list where I get the employee's dependents. And list 2 is a form where I need to get the dependents from list 1. However, I am not allowed to pre-create a form (list 2 item) after adding an item on the maintenance list (list 1). I know it is easier to do that using a workflow, but really not an option. Is there a way to pre-populate the new item form with the dependents from my maintenance list? Please help. Thank you so much.

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: pre-populate repeating section in a create new item from another list?

if you can't use a workflow, custom code is really you only other option.

Say on clicking the save/submit button code would run to create the item in List2 and copy over the details you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Is there a way I can lookup the whole repeating section from another list and show it also as a repeating section on the second list without pre-creating an item on list2 when creating an item in list1? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

no that i know of, as even if a lookup selection would work(which I don't think it would) you would need to select it the close and reopen, I can't see it working. Workflow or custom code are the options I feel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thank you. I am not sure if I am asking the right question. Is there a way a that a workflow is triggered already on form load? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

sorry not sure what you mean
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I have this repeating section XML on my List 1

jmdeleon_0-1589954527590.png

When I create a new entry on my List 2, I want the form to have a pre-populated Partner Dependents from my list 1.

jmdeleon_1-1589955708573.png

How can I achieve this without making a workflow on my List 1 that create/update my List 2?

Thank youuuu!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

yeah I get ya, I don't have anything else for you, thats what workflows are there for this sort of thing, if you can't use them, you may be out of luck.

0 Kudos