cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

parallel action generating error

I have created parallel action which contains 5 branches of parallel action using Nintex 2007 and SP 2007. Each branch starts a new workflow. After executing all "Start Workflow" action , it is giving error and no error displays in workflow history. Please find below screen shot and appreciate your suggestion.

wf.png

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: parallel action generating error

have you checked the ULS logs yet? Can you copy and past the logging information for the time when you run the workflow on here please to give more detail.

Thanks,

Pat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi,

I would suggest to put pause right before the "Start Workflow action item". Like pause for 2 min's for first start workflow action and pause for 4 min's before start second workflow action item.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Pat,

Thanks for quick responce.

I dont have access to ULS logs as a reason I posted for expert suggestion.May be some tips.. or alternative approch..

Regds,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Workflow developer...

I would ask why are you kicking off 4 workflows with one?  That's bad juju waiting to happen.  While its possible, you could achieve something similar with a slightly different approach.

Can you share more on what you are really trying to fix or do with this workflow?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I would disable all of the parallel actions except the first one to see if an error occurs there. If so, I would try to do some logging history of some of the workflow variables. If no errors appear in the first branch, I'd enable the second and so on until you find which branch is causing the error. For us, we can't really troubleshoot this since we don't have details (error logs, variable values, etc.) behind the scenes. All we can do is give hints on troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Workflow Developer, have you resolved your issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Interesting, I am seeing something similar today but for an on-prem version of 2013.  There is a parallel action with 3 branches, two of which start a workflow, both displaying in yellow and halting with nothing progressing further.  I'll report back if I can come up with anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Mike,

Are you doing any verbose logging on this?  I'd be curious to see what eventually is causing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Going to see what I can get, though the workflow isn't one of mine. 

0 Kudos