User Management and Authentication with internal and external users

• 6 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I've just started with developing K2 projects for our company. Now I'm working on a project to provide a customer portal through K2 platform. Now my question:

How is it possible to manage external useres? In K2 I should see AD users and erxternal users and put them togehter into groups. But I don't want to create external users in my AD. What is the best practise for that problem? Do I need a sperate system to manage external users and groups? Is there a good software you can recommend me? I don't want to loose the functionallity that AD useres are automatically logged in.

Thanks in advance for your Help.

Best Regards

Mini25

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Hajit

I suggest you do some reading on User Managers in K2. One option for you might be to use the SQL User Manager

"The K2 SQL User Manager allows user information to be stored in an SQL database. K2 uses that SQL database for authentication and authorization of K2 tasks."

Another option is a separate AD domain for your external users and adding this domain to K2.

Badge +2

Hello Hajit.

I have similar requirement. Could you please share how you achieved this after all? Thanks for the help.