Running workflows on large lists

• 6 August 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any limitations with running a Nintex workflow on a large list? I have a scenario where I have a list with more than 5000 items, where the only filterable field is a lookup column, which can be indexed but will still experience the list view threshold. I want to run a workflow when a list item is created that adds more information to the item that is indexable/filterable etc. so the list is more manageable. However if such a large list shouldn't be running workflows (of which I can't find any information on), I'll look into using alternative methods.

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

If you're only updating the item that was created there shouldn't be any issue.  Where you'd come into issues is if you were using a Query List and going through all the items, then you might see some performance issues.  But I'm not aware of any limitations if you are just updating the item that the workflow is running on.  You can always try it and see what happens.  Maybe just do it outside of normal business hours. 

Badge +1

Thanks Brendan. I suspected as much but just wanted to cross-check with others who have more experience than me happy.png